September Blog: Me or a loved one is transitioning out of what?

La Crosse, September 30th - "Where will I live? What will I do for a job/Will I have a job? Can I go onto college? What will I do for fun?"

These are some of the common questions young people with disabilities (or their parents or guardians) have as they are beginning to transition out of high school and into adulthood. 

We want to encourage you to start thinking about these questions as you are gearing up for transitioning. We know that this can be a scary time of changes and uncertainty, but we are here to help and give advice on your future life path. 

Here is how you get started...

Connect with your local ADRC

The ADRC is the Aging and Disability Resource Center. The ADRC is there to provide information and connections for services for people with disabilities. 

Find your local ADRC here. 


Connect with DVR

DVR is the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. DVR is there to help people with disabilities find and retain community employment. 

Apply for DVR services here. 


Contact us at Aptiv

Doing this without some guidance and assistance can be daunting. We are here to help you. Contact either of our Community Outreach Specialists in our Northern and Southern regions. 

Northern: 608-785-3514

Southern: 608-563-5762