What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive technology (AT) is any item, piece of equipment, software program, or product system that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of persons with disabilities.
Aptiv offers specialized expertise to address your or your child or teen's assistive technology needs such as daily living, communication, mobility, hearing, and vision, among others. We take a person-centered approach, having your or your child or teen guide the process with what activities they would like to be able to do.
Assistive Technology Service Options
Successful implementation requires a plan that will work for everyone involved. Yourself and your child will receive recommendations from the initial consultation and we will work together to select the best approach.
Recommendations may include:
- Providing assessments in multiple environments based on your or your child's needs.
- Identifying the needs of you or your child through various assessment tools.
- Recommending the best assistive technology to address your or your child's needs.
- Developing an implementation plan.
- Developing a structured support plan using data-based practices.
- Education and training those involved such as the individual's circle of support.
- Scheduling regular follow-up appointments.
Our specially trained assistive technology professionals with extensive experience help people with disabilities. Our team has served thousands of families. We apply evidence-based research that helps people with disabilities live their lives more independently.
Our solutions focus on implementing the best technology that helps the individual increase, improve, and maintain independence.
- To use a person centered approach by following your guidance
- To develop an individualized implementation plan
- To enhance independence
- To provide education and training to your full circle of support
- To prepare the individual for participation in life skills and events
We Provide Services to the Counties Surrounding Our Offices in:
- Black River Falls, WI
- Blair, WI
- Janesville, WI
- La Crosse, WI
- Richland Center, WI
- Sparta, WI
- Tomah, WI
- Viroqua, WI
How do I Get Started?
Help starts with a consultation session including the individual, guardian, case worker, and agenting service provider. After the initial consultation, one of our Assistive Technology Specialists will provide recommendations based on the individual's needs identified at the consultation.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your questions and needs.
- Contact Aptiv today at 608-785-3536 or at email@example.com for an informational, no-cost, no-obligation discussion to determine options for participation.
- Aptiv meets with the individual and their support network to develop an individualized plan that and provide services as outlined in that plan.