bathing services for teens and transition age students 14-25
Looking for accessible bathing and shower facilities for your teen or transition age student with disabilities?
Maintaining personal hygiene and keeping a bathing schedule is essential in our everyday lives, but it can be hard to accomplish on your own. Aptiv recognizes how important it is to have the resources to develop personal care routines so your teen or transition age student can look and feel their best.
Our Bathing Services take place in a newly renovated Personal Care area which can help provide a completely accessible bathing experience for individuals of all abilities. If your home lacks an accessible shower for your teen or transition age student or you need assistance when bathing your teen or transition age student, Aptiv has the solution for you.
Bathing Service options
We provide assistance to address every level of your teen or transition age student's needs. These services may include:
- Assistance with transferring your teen or transition age student into a shower chair and utilizing a lift when necessary
- Assistance with getting dressed and other grooming needs such as hair combing and applying lotion
- Giving verbal prompts to complete tasks
Our Bathing Services...
- Provide a private space to meet personal care needs with dignity and respect
- Allow individuals without accessible bathing options to remain living in their own homes
- Encourage participants to engage actively in self-care activities
- Create opportunities for skill development in the areas of personal care
Make sure modesty and dignity are maintained during bathing
How do I get started?
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your questions and needs.
- Contact Aptiv today for an informational, no-cost, no-obligation discussion to determine options for participation*.
- Aptiv meets with the individual and their support network to develop an individualized plan and provide services as outlined in that plan.
*If a family is eligible for funding through the state and county they will be assessed by a county social worker and can request to be referred to Aptiv for services.
need more information
funding & support resources
Wisconsin Funding for Youth
Wisconsin has multiple programs available for children with delays or disabilities. The programs listed below assist families in caring for their child at home and in the community.
Extended School Year Services
ESY (Extended School Year) services are required special education and related services provided beyond the limits of the school term, in accordance with the child's IEP, and at no cost to the parents. These services are necessary in order to provide a free appropriate public education (FAPE).
It’s because of gifts to the Aptiv Foundation that children and adults with disabilities are reaching their goals. It is only through the vision and generosity of contributions to the Aptiv Foundation that it becomes possible to provide the level of support each person needs and deserves. Contributions go to funding facility improvements, program equipment, and other tools to help people with disabilities live, learn and work in our communities.