Skills to Pay the Bills
skills to pay the bills for teens and transition students ages 14-21
Looking for an employment program for teens with disabilities?
Aptiv’s Community Employment program offers Skills to Pay the Bills, a teen and transition age student employment program. This service helps teens with disabilities or barriers to employment develop valuable work readiness skills.
What is Skills to Pay the Bills?
A teen and transition age student employment program that will develop the foundation teens need for successful future employment.
Skills to Pay the Bills provides classroom instruction for six to eight students once a week for two hours, concluding with a paid temporary work experience.
- Assessing your strengths
- Learning to improve yourself and the amount of money you can earn
- Creating a resume
- Getting a work permit
- Learning steps to reach your dream job
- Finding a summer job
- Managing your money
- Career Readiness Training
- Business Tours
- Skills to Pay the Bills
- Paid Temporary Work Experience
- Student awareness of work opportunities available in the community
- Student awareness of their interests and skills in a variety of work settings
- Student awareness of how to conduct job search
- Student will leave with a current and effective resume
- Student will learn workplace etiquette
- Student will be aware of networking potential
Our objectives are...
To define a teen's talents and translate them into ways to earn money doing what they enjoy
To guide a teen in how to make good decisions right now that will impact them for the rest of their life
- To start building a successful foundation for a teen's future
How do I get started?
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your questions and needs.
Contact Aptiv today for an informational, no-cost, no-obligation discussion to determine options for participation.
- Aptiv meets with the individual and their support network to develop an individualized plan and provide services as outlined in that plan.
need more information
funding & support resources
A State of WI service to help and guide individuals as they change their future and work toward a job goal.
It’s because of gifts to the Aptiv Foundation that children and adults with disabilities are reaching their goals. It is only through the vision and generosity of contributions to the Aptiv Foundation that it becomes possible to provide the level of support each person needs and deserves. Every dollar donated goes to funding facility improvements, program equipment, and other tools to help people with disabilities live, learn and work in our communities.