behavior support for early years 3-13
Does your child need help with behavior challenges?
We can offer specialized expertise to address your child’s behavioral needs such as aggression, self-injury, tantrums, and other challenges.
We take a team approach on getting to know your child in all of their environments to identify their needs and develop an individualized plan that works best for your child.
Behavior Support service options
Successful treatment requires a plan that will work for everyone involved. You and your child will receive recommendations from the initial consultation and we will work together to select the best approach.
Recommendations might include:
- Providing assessments in multiple locations based on your child’s needs
- Identifying the reason or reasons for your child’s challenging behavior through multiple assessment tools
- Recommending the best proactive approaches to reduce target behaviors
- Developing replacement behaviors
- Developing a structured support plan using data-based practices
- Training those involved such as the participant's support network
- Scheduling monthly follow-up appointments
Our specially trained professionals with extensive experience help people with disabilities. Our team has served thousands of families, including hundreds of individuals living with Autism-Spectrum disorders. We apply evidence-based therapies that help people with disabilities enjoy a greater quality of life.
Our objectives are...
Our solutions focus on learning new skills and behaviors that help your child create and maintain lifelong changes.
To use a team approach by consulting with all those involved with the care and services of an individual
To develop an individualized plan
To enhance quality of life
To provide tools for caregivers and agencies serving individuals
To prepare the individual for participation in life skills and life events
How do I get started?
Help starts with a consultation session including you, your child, case worker, and agency service provider. After the initial consultation, one of our Behavior Specialists will provide recommendations based on your child’s needs identified at the consultation.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your questions and needs.
- Contact Aptiv today for an informational, no-cost, no-obligation discussion to determine options for participation.
- Aptiv meets with the individual and their support network to develop an individualized plan and provide services as outlined in that plan.
funding & support resources
ESY (Extended School Year) services are required special education and related services provided beyond the limits of the school term, in accordance with the child's IEP, and at no cost to the parents. These services are necessary in order to provide a free appropriate public education (FAPE).
It’s because of gifts to the Aptiv Foundation that children and adults with disabilities are reaching their goals. It is only through the vision and generosity of contributions to the Aptiv Foundation that it becomes possible to provide the level of support each person needs and deserves. Every dollar donated goes to funding facility improvements, program equipment, and other tools to help people with disabilities live, learn and work in our communities.